The Juntos immersion program encourages scholars to be globally minded with the goal of developing proficiency in a second language during their elementary years.
At Eisenhower Elementary, you can now give your child the earliest start possible on mastering a second language. Scholars can begin their Spanish immersion education in preschool, then continue their path into immersion kindergarten and beyond in the same building!
Learning a second language is a great way to immerse your child in culture and will open many doors for them as they continue their education and eventually find their careers in adulthood.
- Immersion scholars will learn the same content standards as other scholars in the district.
- Scholars will perform as well or better than their non-immersion peers in all academic areas.
- Scholars will enjoy the many cognitive benefits of becoming bi- and trilingual or more.
- Scholars deeply understand their own cultural background, and respect and appreciate the cultural backgrounds of others.
- Scholars develop an understanding of and an appreciation for Spanish-speaking cultures in our community and around the world.
- Scholars develop cross-cultural communication skills that are essential in today’s world.